Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Results Week 1

     Let's get this party started!  Week one has come and gone, but the work has just begun.  In week 1, we all had a lot to accomplish.  Everyone had to give up soda, fast food, and commit to working out 5 days a week.  In addition to that, we all had to complete 3 challenges in the areas of mental, emotional, and physical.



     These consisted of setting a goal, working out someplace new, and overcome a craving.  By completing these challenges, everyone was able to get started on the right path to changing their lives and being happier and healthier this summer.

     We all began to see that this wasn't going to be easy, but many found that they were stronger than they ever knew they could be.


"I didn't think it was doing much until Thursday evening I was walking up the stairs and I reached the fifth floor before I realized I hadn't stopped yet to take a breath and I hadn't even thought of the elevator. For some people walking up five flights of stairs is childs play but for me it was kind of a big deal. I was so excited I just kept walking. All the way to 12."  Charlene Stratton (Ilsan, Korea)

     In just the first week, a community of love, support, and health was born.  I can't wait to see how it strengthens over the next several weeks.  

"It just made me realize a lot of this journey is mental and having a way to focus and awesome people to cheer you on makes it so much easier. Thanks Stephen and everyone here in the group for doing just that. Let's do this!"  Melissa Wetherbee (Seoul, Korea)

     
     And just so we don't give up, technology has found a great way to keep us motivated...the fat app!!


No comments:

Post a Comment